The flip side of yesterday’s post…
- Rick Mercer lighting into Stephen Harper for proroguing the government while still ostensibly fighting a war for democracy in Afghanistan.
- Girls and boys have similar math abilities.
- Someone felt it necessary to create a Misery Index.
- People who return things to libraries decades and decades after the items were due. Better late than never!
- People continue to remove themselves from the gene pool in exciting ways. See also: Large Wild and Exotic Cats Make Dangerous Pets (PDF), a helpful 4-page pamphlet from the USDA.
- The Wikipedia list of unusual articles. I particularly like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_insult and
- It’s now possible to use your Blackberry to Google stuff like, oh, how to deliver a baby, should the occasion call for it.
- People who think up stuff like this:
- …and this:
- Oak clones from the Pleistocene. They estimate they’re 13,000 years old.
- Listening to music can help cure ringing in the ears caused by… listening to music.
- Refusing vaccines really does put you (and your kids) at increased risk.
- Really, really, REALLY big explosions.
- There is a gene called Sonic Hedgehog.
- You can score a free holiday in exchange for your poop.
- In this country sometimes storms toss lobsters right up on the beach!
- The Governor General’s house has a public skating rink.
There we go! Fluffy bunnies!